Re JS (Disposal of Body)  EWHC 2859 (Fam) This unusual and sad case concerns a court application by a 14 year old girl, JS. In 2015 she was diagnosed with a…18th November 2016
The last 25 years since the inception of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990 (the 1990 Act, or the Act) have seen a small cluster of interesting cases on how the…5th March 2014
The Essex C-Section case has attracted a fair bit of commentary. The facts: Court determines an elective caesarian, if need be using reasonable restraint, to be in the bests interests of a…7th January 2014
Judgment making declarations that it is legal for an NHS Trust to forcefully sedate an incapable patient on the basis that she might not submit to surgery voluntarily or abscond from hospital…29th July 2010
The case of Yearworth is finally beginning to attract a little bit more attention (here, here, here and here) in academic debate (with rather a lot of delay, I think). In this…7th June 2010
- Justice Cryogenically Delayed is Justice Denied?
- Simple Lack of Courtesy or A Deeper Problem? The Law Society Gazette and Accurate Reporting.
- Scholars advocate thinking something through to the end! Outrage!!
- Medical Innovation (No. 2) Bill
- Warren v CARE and HFEA: Medico-Legal Work in an Ethical Clean Room?